After you get that godly Christian guy to approach you, it is time to work towards getting him to choose you. Just like in How to Get That Godly Christian Guy To Approach You, we will use the biblical story of Rebekah and Eliezer found in Genesis 24 to help you discover how to get that godly Christian guy to choose you.
(1) Show Him Respect: All men have a deep desire to be respected. When you respect a man, you give him something that he longs for deep in his heart. He will love you for it. Respect from a woman gives a man a sense of belonging, security, and validation. No matter how macho and walled up he may seem, any disrespect will wound him. When Rebekah met Eliezer, she understood the importance of showing him respect. She started off by calling him ‘my lord’, though she had never met him in her life (Genesis 24:18). With those words, she elevated Eliezer who was a servant into a position of higher importance. Now, I am not saying you should go literally calling any guy ‘my lord’. What I am saying is that the principle still applies today. If you want that godly Christian guy to choose you, then you should show that godly Christian guy some respect.
(2) Show Him You Care: Some say that if you like a guy, you should pretend that you do not care about him. I beg you to reconsider if you have been following that advice, especially if you want that godly Christian guy to approach you. See, a godly Christian guy is not going to be into playing games. Do what Rebekah did. When Eliezer asked her for a drink of water, she not only drew water for him but she also draw water for his entourage of camels (Genesis 24:19). By doing this, she was showing him that she did not just care for his well-being, she cared and was willing to take care of his property. She was showing him that what was important to him was important to her. If you have a godly Christian guy you in your life, be sure to care for those things he cares about.
(3) Show Him You Are Committed: Rebekah did not stop drawing water for Eliezer’s camels until they had finished drinking (Genesis 24:19). Camels drink a lot of water, especially after travelling a long journey. Eliezer had ten of them and they had just travelled hundreds of miles. So, Rebekah had to go back to that well multiples times to draw water. By choosing to draw water until the camels had finished drinking, she showed Eliezer that she was willing to go the extra mile. If you want that godly Christian guy to choose you, make sure you are not one to change your mind as quick as the wind changes direction. Make sure you show yourself to be committed.
(4) Show Him You Are Hard-working: The story tells us Rebekah ran back to the well to draw water to the camels (Genesis 24:20). She didn’t labor back. She didn’t walk back, but she ran until all the camels had well drunk. Here, she was showing Eliezer that she was a goal-getter. She had purpose of mind and set about finishing what needed to be done. A godly Christian guy has a life purpose he is working at fulfilling with gusto. He wants to know you are a person that won’t relent either. Show him you are willing to put in the work.
(5) Show Him You Are Trustworthy: Rebekah drew for his camels just as she said she would (Genesis 24:20). Like Rebekah, being a woman of your words is important. Say what you are going to do and do what you say you. When a godly Christian guy knows he can trust you, he will open his heart up to you.
3 responses to “How to Get That Godly Christian Guy to Choose You”
Not forgetting to pray and seek the Lord. Ultimately, it is He who knows who is the most appropriate for you.
Yes, absolutely. Thank you for that great add on